Ask students to study the chart and write down 3 things they notice and 3 questions they have about this schedule.
Questions to discuss with students:
1. What patterns do you notice in this chart?
2. Approximately how much time passes between high and low tide?
3. Approximately how much time passes between high tides?
4. Look at 9/3/2021. Why is there only one low tide on that day?
5. Why do you think we publish this tide schedule?
Who would care to know what time the tides occur?
6. On Sept. 17, a low tide seems to be missing - what's happening here?
7. 2. What is the tide like now? Click here, then scroll to this month's tide chart.
A few things to note: