Tools 3rd Grade Students in their Study of Science
- Beakers to measure liquid volume.
- Meter tape, or meter sticks, to measure the length, width, or height of an object or the distance between two objects.
- Forceps/tweezers are tools that grasp or pick up small materials.
- Graduated cylinders are tools that measure the volume of liquids. The graduated marks are in metric units such as milliliters (mL).
- Graduated syringes measure the volume of liquids.
- Rocks of different types, Scratch
Q1 Properties & Changes in Matter
Kit: Changes (STC)
The essential indicators for this unit are 3.P.2A.1, 3.P.2A. 2, and 3.P.2A. 5.
Q2 Earth's Materials & Processes
Kit: Rocks & Minerals (STC)
The essential indicators for this unit are 3.E.4A.1, 3.E.4A.3, 3.E.4B.1, 3.E.4B.2, and 3.E.4B.4
Q3 Energy Transfer: Electricity & Magnetism
Kit: Energy & Electromagnetism (Foss)
The essential indicators for this unit are 3.P.3A.1, 3.P.3A.2, 3.P.3A.3, and 3.P.3B.1.
Q4 Environments & Habitats
Kit: Structures of Life (Foss)
The essential indicators for this unit are 3.L.5A.1, 3.L.5A.2, 3.L.5B.1, and 3.L.5B.2.