Science in Rock Hill Schools
What's the Bridge Year Plan for 2021-22?
If you have not seen the South Carolina College- and Career-Ready Science Standards 2021, please click here to view and download them.
They were formally approved for adoption in June of 2021.
The SC Dept. of Education is NOT requiring that school districts teach the new standards during 2021-22. For this reason, we will use 2021-22 as a bridge year. As a teacher in Rock Hill Schools you will have several opportunities to receive professional development intended to better prepare you to teach the 2021 SC College and Career Ready Standards.
Keep in mind:
1. Our K-2 report cards will not change this school year.
2. Our 3-5 progress reports will not change this school year.
3. The 2021-22 Curriculum maps on this page, contain suggestions for how to bridge the new standards - not requirements.
4. 4th grade will continue to be tested via SCPASS in May of 2022 - the test will not change this year.
5. Please make an effort to participate in some of the PD opportunities that will be provided this year. Please reach out to Mrs. Massey for curriculum help and Mrs. Parker for materials.
As you review the 2021 SC Science Standards document, you will notice the color coding that links our standards to the national Next Generation Science Standards. Our new standards are written in the verbiage of the Science & Engineering Practices, they incorporate the Crosscutting Concepts and they are coded according to the Disciplinary Core Ideas. You will notice a big change, however. Each individual statement in the standards is a standard. Our standards are no longer organized as standards with indicators.
Disciplinary Core Ideas
Click here for a printable version
of the documents below.
Science Resources from the
Helpful Resources for